20 DECEMBER ~ International Human Solidarity Day
“All men are the organs of a social body. For this reason, they are joined to each other. These reciprocal ties make people responsible for each other. Such interdependence is natural and social and has economic ramifications.”
– Mustafa Kemal Atatürk –
The United Nations’ (UN) International Human Solidarity Day is annually held on December 20 to celebrate unity in diversity. It also aims to remind people on the importance of solidarity in working towards eradicating poverty.
– a day to celebrate our unity in diversity;
– a day to remind governments to respect their commitments to international agreements;
– a day to raise public awareness of the importance of solidarity;
– a day to encourage debate on the ways to promote solidarity for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals including poverty eradication;
– a day of action to encourage new initiatives for poverty eradication.